In this post, I will share with you the top Interview Questions on Instrumentation Part-2. You can find interview questions related to Instrumentation.
1. What is the difference between Analytical Instruments and Measurement Instruments?
Analytical type instruments measure the composition of elements present, in particular, medium or sample. example: – an O2 analyzer device measures the concentration of O2 in a particular sample.
An instrument that is used for measuring physical quantity is called a measuring instrument like temperature, pressure transmitters, etc.
2. Working principle of PH sensor?
PH sensor is working on measuring the concentration of H+ ions in a sample or medium.
measuring the concentration of H+ by measuring the voltage generated between the reference electrode and the measuring electrode and it is called potentiometric PH measurement.
And read this Yokogawa’s whitepaper for in-depth knowledge of PH measurement.
3. Types of radar level transmitters?
There are two types of radar level detectors: –
- Guided Waves radar
- Non-contact radar
4. Types of soil moisture sensors?
There are mainly two types of popular and cheap sensors available in the market.
- Resistive type
- Capacitive type
5. Units used in flow measurement?
In industry, there are commonly three types of units used in industry
- Cubic Feet per Second (CFS)
- Cubic Meters per Second (CMS)
- Gallon per Minute (GPM)
6. Different parts of the control valve?
- Diaphragm case
- Actuator Spring
- Actuator Stem
- Spring Seat
- Stem connector
- Valve stem
- Valve Plug
- Seat Ring
- Valve body
7. Units of pressure measurement?
- Kilo pascal (kPa)
- Pound per square inch (PSI)
8. How to connect DPT (differential pressure transmitter) to the Tank?
DPT is used to measure the level of the closed tank. DPT measures the pressure difference between the high-pressure side and the low-pressure side.
9. How many ways to install DPT for level measurement?
There are three types of mounting methods for DPT instruments for level measurement.
- exactly at High-pressure point
- above High-pressure point
- below Low-pressure point
10. What are an Electric wiring diagram and a P&ID diagram?
The electric wiring diagram is drawn to provide information for the all-electric connection of equipment.
And P/ID diagram is a communication diagram and piping connection of all process plant equipment.
Note and Tips: –
My tips are that you will fully understand the working of your final year project and be prepared for any technical question asked by the interviewer about your project.
I hope you like this post and find something new; these questions are based on the real experience of me and my friend.
For better understanding, I will categorize all these questions according to topics later.
If you want to share your interview questions then please comment below. I will also be planning to make a post about MCQ asked in the company’s pre-interview exam.